Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Sparkly Throw Pillow

I'm starting my crafty 2013 off with throw pillows.

I had a lot of leftover white, muslin fabric from my reupholstering adventure, and I had decided a few months ago that it was going to be turned into throw pillows, but I could never muster up the motivation to do it. Turns out, all it took to get started was cleaning out my closet and finding a sparkly skirt that I never wear.



I purchased this skirt on a whim on sale (like I do with all my clothes, let's just be honest here...) from Express last year, I think. I was never able to find a top to wear with it, and the multiple layers made it a weird shape for my body, so sadly, it sat in my closet collecting dust. I decided it was time for my lonely skirt to meet my leftover fabric, and together, they became this awesome pillow.


I cut the sparkly part off into strips, realized it wouldn't be big enough for a full pillow, so I also took the grayish-purple lining to put between the sparkly strips. The fabric is really thin, so I used the muslin fabric as an extra layer so the color looks a lot more vibrant.


The skirt was $10, the muslin fabric was honestly so cheap for the yardage that I can't even remember how much I paid for it, and my friend gave me the stuffing for the pillow. So it was a pretty cheap pillow. Woohoo. 

More on my other pillows later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment