Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Another pillow...

So yeah, I swear this blog won't be all pillows. It's just that I have all this leftover white muslin fabric, and I just happened to be on a pillow making kick when I started this blog. Plus, they're super easy.

I've been wanting to do a flower petal pillow for a while now, but didn't have the felt to do it. I finally made the trip to JoAnn's Fabrics to get some. I ended up getting half a yard of yellow felt and some other printed fabric with the intention of making pillow covers for the pillows I'd be putting in my bedroom.

There are a ton of tutorials for this project, and I actually pinned quite a few of them. The one I ended up going with was one from Burlap + Blue. She actually calls to use normal fabric, rather than felt, but I had already bought the felt and using it allowed me to skip a few steps (namely, sewing each petal, which saved a lot of time). If you do plan on doing this project, I'd probably recommend just a quarter yard of felt, rather than half. I only used about a third of the fabric I had, so I'll have to find some other use for the leftover felt. The middle of the flower was a bit too thick for me to put through the sewing machine, and I hate hot glue for most projects (it just doesn't stay!), so I ended up hand sewing that part.

With cutting, sewing, and stuffing the pillow, I think I spent less than an hour on this project. Very easy. I highly recommend it. Here's my finished product.


No comments:

Post a Comment